Tampa Bay is home to so many great museums and attractions, and HCPL is making these outings more affordable.
The Discovery Day Pass has returned to local HCPL branches, offering a one-time admission or tour to several area attractions on a specific date. Reserving these free passes has also gotten easier with the library’s new digital reservation system. The process is easy:
- Use your smart phone, tablet or computer, or visit your local HCPL branch to use a public computer and click here to access the reservation system.
- Choose the specific date you’d like to visit within the next 30-day window.
- Present your pass on your phone or print it at home and bring it with you.
A valid library card is required to take advantage the Discovery pass and you will need your library card number and pin to access the reservation system. If no dates are available, don’t worry; they replenish every 30 days, so keep checking!
Offerings and availability for each of the participating partners vary from month to month. The list of participating partners includes:
- Tampa Bay History Center
- Hillsborough County, Florida Government Conservation Parks
- Glazer Children’s Museum
- American Victory Ship & Museum
- Tampa Theatre
- Henry Plant Museum
- Florida Holocaust Museum
- Stageworks Theatre
- Florida Museum of Photographic Arts
- Tampa Museum of Art, Inc.
- Straz Center for the Performing Arts
- The Florida Orchestra
- Big Cat Rescue
The Discovery Pass through Hillsborough County Public Libraries offers a fun and affordable way to try out new attractions or visit old favorites.
By Karen Ring