On March 17 the Westchase Winn-Dixie held a grand opening to unveil their remodeled store to the Westchase community on Wednesday, March 17. The ribbon cutting took place at 7:45 a.m. at the Winn-Dixie at 13016 Race Track Road in Tampa and featured a DJ. The store also made a $1,000 check presentation to local Farnell Middle School to further their dedication to educating and strengthening the future of the community.
Additionally, on Saturday, March 20 the remodeled store will host a socially distanced community celebration from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. with entertainment and giveaways for customers to experience the new look, expanded offerings and savings.
Meredith Hurley with Winn-Dixie stated, “As the country continues to battle COVID-19, Winn-Dixie remains committed to its continued investment in the communities it serves while following local, state and federal guidelines.”
The remodeling introduced new concepts and features. The new enhancements at the store include:
• New facade signage and a fresh, contemporary color palette with modern store signage inside.
• Newly updated produce department including an expanded selection of fruits and vegetables, including organic varieties.
• New deli with expanded grab-and-go meal options, including sub sandwich assortments, fresh wraps and ready-made salads.
• A wide assortment of easy lunch and dinner options, including rotisserie chicken, fresh sushi made in store and a wing bar with eight favorite varieties.
• Expanded bakery department with new self-service doughnut and bread selections.
• New SE Grocers Naturally Better product selection, offering a large variety of gluten-free and organic products.
• Full-service meat department with a butcher on-site to make fresh cuts of meat by request.
• Updated full-service seafood department offering shoppers a variety of fresh seafood on ice, additional frozen seafood assortments, as well as the “Seafood Made Easy” option, where customers can choose the type of seafood, vegetables and seasoning to be packaged together for easy preparation at home.
• New Health and Beauty section with expanded offerings.
• Improved and expanded wine and craft beer selection.
The Winn-Dixie community celebration on Saturday, March 20 runs from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. and is free and open to all.
The remodeled Westchase Winn-Dixie is open seven days a week from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
By Meredith Hurley